Bumper crop of summer squash? This simple, rustic dish is my favorite way to use them up. Whenever I serve this, my family eats it first…no matter what else is on the menu.
Four medium sized potatoes, I like Yukon Gold
Two summer squash
One medium sized onion
Three TBSP melted ghee
One TBSP nutritional yeast (you can omit this, but it gives a cheesy flavor)
Salt and Pepper to taste
About one TBSP fresh thyme
1. Preheat your oven to 400
2. Slice the squash, potatoes and onions very thin…about 1/8 inch. I love my mandoline for this, it’s fast and fun.
3. Place the sliced vegetables in a casserole dish…you don’t need to be fussy, just mix them together.
4. Pour the melted ghee over the vegetables and add your salt, pepper and nutritional yeast if using.
5. Mix it all together.
6. Sprinkle the thyme over the top.
7. Cover with tinfoil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes remove the tinfoil and cook another 15 minutes to let the vegetables brown.